With Joist you can add multiple tax rates to your account. These taxes can be implemented on a per-item basis and will factor into your total accordingly.
You can add taxes to your Joist account for future use:
1. Click Settings, then Taxes and click the New Tax button.
2. Give your tax a name and then set the percentage amount and you're done.
3. Repeat as many times as necessary to add all the taxes you'll need for your estimates and invoices.
You can now add taxes to your line items when creating or editing an estimate/invoice:
1. Click the Tax field in the line item you are working on.
2. Here you can turn on an existing tax and click Done, or click New Tax to create a new one.
Your taxes will now automatically total at the bottom of your estimate/invoice underneath the subtotal.