Creating and sending a professional Estimate with Joist is fast and easy!
There are two key components to every Estimate:
Client: This is the client or customer that you will be sending the Estimate document to.
Items: This is the description of work, or anything you would charge customers for i.e. Labor, Materials, etc. You can add multiple items to an Estimate.
Here’s how you can create an Estimate on your desktop or laptop:
- Go to the Estimates section in the left menu.
- Click the New Estimate button in the top right corner.
If you are adding in a New Client, enter in your client’s Basic Information (name, email, and phone numbers), and enter their Additional Information (Mailing Address).
If you are selecting from your saved clients list, click My Clients then select your client.
- Click Add when finished.
- Click Add Line Item to add your first item.
Here you can see a preview of your document. Click Edit at the top of the page to continue adding items or make changes.
From the preview screen you also have the option to:
- Edit your Display Options, to toggle Rate, Quantity and Total on and off
- Email the estimate to your client
- Generate the estimate into an invoice
- Print, as well as duplicate and delete the estimate under More
And that's it! Creating and sending Estimates to your client is fast and easy.
If you have any additional questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Live Chat 9am to 6pm EST Monday to Friday.