With Joist you can easily record payments on an invoice as you receive them from the client. This will update your invoice to show how much has been paid and how much (if any) is still owed, which you can then send to your client.
1. Open the invoice that you want to make a payment on.
2. Click Payments at the top of the Invoice.
3. Click Add Payment.
4. Here you can type in the dollar amount or percentage being paid, the payment date, and method of payment.
5. Click Add to add the payment.
6. Click Done to close the payment screen.
You will now see the paid amount being deducted from the invoice total.