Creating and sending a professional Estimate with Joist is fast and easy!
There are two key components to every Estimate:
- This is the client or customer that you will be sending the Estimate document to.
- This is the description of work, or anything you would charge customers for i.e. Labor, Materials, etc.
- You can add multiple items to an Estimate
Here’s how you can create an Estimate on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad:
1. Tap the Estimates button in the bottom left of the screen.
2. Tap the New Estimate button in the top right corner. This will take you to the estimate editor.
3. Tap Add Client to add your client to the estimate. This will take you to the client screen.
4. If you are adding in a new client, enter in your client’s Basic Information (name, email, and phone numbers), and enter their Additional Information (Mailing Address). After adding this information, this client will be saved to your Joist account for future use.
If you are selecting from your saved clients list, tap My Clients then select your client.
Tap Done when finished. This will take you back to the main estimate editor screen.
5. Tap Add Line Item to add your first item.
6. Add your item information including the Item Name, Rate, Quantity, Tax, and Description. You do not have to fill in all of these fields, just the ones you need. The Rate and Quantity are important as this is what Joist will use to calculate the totals for your estimate. When you are finished, tap Done.
7. You can tap Add Line Item again to continue adding items to your estimate, but for now let's tap Done in the top right corner to see a preview of our estimate.
8. Here you can see a preview of your document, the same as what your client would see when you send it to them. Tap Edit in the top right corner to continue adding items or make other changes such as adding a Contract, Signatures, Photos and Notes.
9. From the preview screen you have the option to:
- Email the estimate to your client.
- Generate the estimate into an invoice
- Print your estimate (if your device is connected to a printer).
- Duplicate, Delete, apply Signatures and access the Display Options for turning on or off the visibility of Rate, Quantity and Total on your estimate.
And that's it! Creating and sending Estimates to your client is fast and easy. If you have any additional questions feel free to give us a call at 1-800-976-9261.