With Joist you can add multiple tax rates to your account. These taxes will automatically compute on your estimates and invoices. These taxes can be implemented on the entire sub-total, or on a per item basis.
Step 1 - Create your taxes in the Settings section
- Tap More from the bottom menu, followed by Settings
- Tap Taxes
- Tap New Tax in the top right corner
- Type in your Tax Name and Tax Amount (percent)
- Press Save
- Repeat process to create additional taxes
Step 2 - Apply the tax to your Items in your estimate and invoice documents
Now that you have saved your taxes, you can apply them whenever you create a new item.
- In your edit estimate/invoice screen, click Add a line item
- Select the item, or add a new one, and scroll down to the Taxes section
- Turn on the tax by toggling on/off the buttons on the right hand side
- Press Done to save
Your taxes will now automatically total at the bottom of your estimate/invoice underneath the $ subtotal.