Creating and Sending a professional Estimate with Joist is fast and easy!
An estimate consists of two key components:
- Client - This is the client or customer that you will be sending the estimate document
- Items - This is the description of work, or anything you would charge your customer for i.e. Labour, Materials, etc. You can add multiple items to an estimate
Here's how you can create an estimate:
1. Go to the Estimates section of the app
2. Tap New Estimate on the top right corner to create a new estimate
3. Tap Add Client to add your client
4. Enter in your client's name, email, phone and other contact information available, or choose from your Saved Clients
5. Tap Done when finished
6. Tap Add a line item to add your first item
7. You can add an item from your item list, or tap New Item to create a new one
8. Type in your Item Information including the Name, Description, Quantity and Rate
9. Tap Done when finished
10. Finally, tap Done again to preview your estimate. Here you can also Email, Print and convert your estimate into an invoice.