Joist Payments is now powered by PayPal.
If you’re still using Joist Payments with WePay, make the switch now to avoid any interruptions to your business.
Make the switch
The deadline to make the switch is February 28th, 2021. But don’t wait, make the switch now and keep your payments flowing smoothly.
Joist Payments with PayPal is everything you loved about the old Joist Payments, plus powerful new features like Instant Payouts and Buy Now, Pay Later (which gets you paid now while your client takes their time paying the money back to PayPal). For more details check out our handy guide here: https://payments.joist.com/paypal2
I’m ready, let’s make the switch
Any payment you receive through Joist Payments is tracked from within your payments account. You can access this account any time.
To view these instructions in a video click here.
- Go to wepay.com/login
- Enter your Joist Payments email address and password
- your email will most likely be the same as your Joist account
- if you can't remember the password, use the forgot password option
- From the lefthand column, choose Reporting
- If on a mobile device, tap the three lines in the top right to show this column
- Choose between viewing payments or settlements
- Some settlements may contain multiple payments
You can download a detailed report as a CSV file of any payments listed. Handy for bookkeeping and accounting.
This report will show both Payments and Withdrawals.
Payments are when your client makes a payment to you. They will be listed as positive amounts, indicating that money came into your payments account, and will include the name of the client who paid you.
Withdrawals are when funds are paid out to you. They will be listed as negative amounts, indicating that money came out of your payments account, to be deposited into your bank account.
The report will also show how much you've paid in fees, which may be useful when filing your taxes.